Mike and Mike's '80s Day
Updated: July 13, 2009, 11:46 AM ETESPNRadio.com
- More '80s content from Page 2: Best Moments 1-40 | 41-80 | Hruby's Ultimate '80s Quiz
- Audio Highlights:
- Tennis legend John McEnroe says his favorite memories of the '80s were his battles with Bjorn Borg and Jimmy Connors. McEnroe also talks about the change in equipment over the years and how he thinks it has taken a lot of the strategy of the game away.
- Basketball Hall of Famer Larry Bird reflects on the great '80s rivalry between the Lakers and his Celtics. Bird also talks about the role his rivalry with Magic had in the growth of the NBA.
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Joe Montana reflects on his career in San Francisco and compares the style of play in the '80s NFL to today's NFL.
- Super Bowl XX champion Jim McMahon talks about all of the different characters on his 1985 Bears team and takes Greeny and Golic behind the scenes of the "Super Bowl Shuffle."
- ESPN research guru Russell Baxter gives Greeny and Golic the 5 things they need to know about the NFL in the '80s including notes about the San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Colts, Houston Oilers and more.
- ESPN.com senior MLB writer Jayson Stark talks about the stat boom in the '90s that will keep a lot of great players from the '80s out of the Hall of Fame.
- ESPN the Magazine senior MLB writer Buster Olney delivers the good, bad and ugly from the '80s in baseball.
Mark Caswell/ESPNGreeny and Golic spent a day reliving the best and worst of the '80s with Larry Bird, Joe Montana, John McEnroe and more. What were their favorite moments? Watch | Best of Mike & Mike
Greeny and Golic show off some of their own photos from the '80s. Plus, photos from the event. Photo gallery
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil's Knicks deal to be done Friday
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Hall: No 'fisticuffs' on horizon with Sherman
- Tillman returning to Bears on one-year deal