Seven weeks to the day that Brian Foster was removed from UFC 129 due to bleeding on his brain, the 27-year-old welterweight was cleared by doctors to train and compete again.
Foster announced the news on his Twitter account Tuesday.
"I feel great! It's time for me to truly show the UFC and the rest of the world that I am a complete fighter! I'm happy to be back!" he wrote.
An MRI required by the Ontario Athletic Commission 60 days prior to a scheduled bout against Sean Pierson in Toronto revealed a damaged blood vessel. Foster traced the injury back to a hard sparring session before the test.
Foster was told to avoid activity that raised his blood pressure for at least six weeks.
Earlier this month, Foster traveled to Las Vegas to attend the UFC Fighter Summit. While there, he underwent an MRI and was informed of the results during a consultation with a neurologist on Tuesday afternoon, his manager, Marc Fiore, said.
"If the UFC calls him with a fight this weekend he can do it," Fiore said.
Foster (15-5) last fought in November and scored a submission win over Matt Brown. The Oklahoma native is 3-2 in UFC competition.
In July, Foster will join Fiore and a cast of roughly 30 fighters at a new gym near Dallas, Texas. He has previously trained with Fiore at Finney's H.I.T. Squad, a facility formerly owned by UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes, in Granite City, Ill.
Josh Gross covers mixed martial arts for ESPN.com.