Rules - Waivers and Free Agency
Waivers are the process by which owners can select from the pool of available drivers who are not on a team's roster in the league. If a new driver joins the Sprint Cup mid-season (Example: Jacques Villeneuve at Talladega in the 2007 season.), the new driver will enter the league on waivers in Standard Leagues and remain there for 2 days before becoming a Free Agent. The new driver will show up on the waiver wire in the morning after first qualifying attempt for the race. In most cases, a two day waiver period would make the driver available the following week.
Free Agent drivers may have been undrafted or dropped by owners. Owners can put a claim for a driver, but must wait a specified amount of time until the waiver clears. The owner with the higher waiver priority number that puts a claim on a driver will receive the driver when waivers clear.
For example, if two or more owners put in claims for Tony Raines, the claim with the highest waiver priority is awarded Tony Raines.
NOTE: Waiver Priority is in numeric order; i.e. a Team Owner with Waiver Priority 1 gets precedence over a Team owner with a Waiver Priority of 6. In Standard Leagues there are no limits paced on Waiver Wire acquisitions.
FREE AGENT / WAIVER ACQUISITIONS LIMIT
- No Limit - Standard Rule - there is no limit to the number of drivers a team can add or drop.
If Waivers are used, owners must wait until the time that a driver spends on waivers elapses before the waiver claim is processed. If the driver on waivers is not selected and the waiver period expires, he automatically becomes a free agent. If a specific day length is selected all available drivers lock at the next race time and the waiver period begins early Tuesday mornings. Free Agent Drivers still lock at race time and remain locked until the new weekly scoring period begins (Tuesday morning).
- 2 Days - Waivers process on Thursdays (Thu). - This is the Standard Game rule. Only Custom games allow a League Manager to change these settings.
If a driver is dropped during the week (i.e. on Thursday afternoon), the driver will be listed on waivers for the set length of total days set per standard league rules.
WAIVER SYSTEM (In-season)
The waiver order during the season determines who has the first chance to claim a driver on waivers.
- Move to Last After Claim - The system places the team owner who made the most recent waiver claim to the last spot in the waiver order. The Custom game allows for different waiver settings.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Cockcroft: Updated top 250 rankings
- Karabell: Will Kipnis turn things around?
- Crawford: Top 10 fantasy baseball prospects
- Daily Notes: Pitcher rankings, hitter ratings