Rules - Waivers and Free Agency
TRANSACTIONS OVERVIEW (Custom Leagues)
Waivers are the process by which players go through before becoming free agents in your league. Owners can select to add a claim to a player on waivers. Players can be placed on waivers either because they are new to the player pool or dropped from another team in your league. Owners can put a claim in for a player but must wait a specified amount of time until the waiver clears. The team that puts a claim on a player and has the better waiver priority number (closest to "1") will receive the player when waivers clear. An option of having waivers turned off is available as well. All available players not on waivers are considered free agents and can be claimed on a first-come, first served basis.
FREE AGENT / WAIVER ACQUISITIONS LIMIT
The League Manager has the option of choosing the number of player acquisitions that a team is allowed through free agency or waivers during the season. This setting can be changed by the LM at any time during the season.
- No Limit: Default setting. If selected, there is no limit to the number of players a team can add or drop.
- None Allowed: If selected only the League Manager can add players to teams.
- Limited: A specific number of transactions is selected (i.e. 5, 10, 15, 20). Once that number of transactions has been reached the team will not be allowed to add any players.
If Waivers are used, owners must wait until the time that a player spends on waivers elapses before the waiver claim is processed. If the player on waivers is not selected and the waiver period expires, he automatically becomes a free agent. This setting can be changed by the LM at any time during the season.
- No Waivers -- If selected, players will NEVER be moved to waivers. Rather, all available players are always free agents.
- 1 Day
- 2 Days -- Default setting.
- 3 Days
- 4 Days
NOTE: Any waiver claims which are pending at the time the Waiver Period rule is changed will be grandfathered and changed for players moved to waivers moving forward.
WAIVER SYSTEM (In-season): The waiver order during the season determines who has the first chance to claim a player on waivers. The only option available for Fantasy Hockey is "Move to last after claim, never reset order". The means the team which makes the most recent pickup is automatically moved to the last slot.