- Mark Garrow, Fantasy Racing
- 0 Shares
California performance leaders (Active)
*Ten or more starts
• Both of Matt Kenseth's victories have come in this event the past two years. He's alternated a seventh-place finish and a victory the past five races.
• Jimmie Johnson has finished in the top three in Fontana in his six top-5s. He has finished no worse than 16th.
• Jeff Gordon finished in the top four in four of his first five references, but has finished in the top only twice since the spring race in 2004.
California selected driver performance (Past 5 years)
• Carl Edwards has the second best average finish at Fontana.
• Jamie McMurray has finished in the top 15 only once seeing becoming a member of Roush Racing.
Current consecutive streaks
2008 Race winners
2008 Starting position analysis
• Ryan Newman started from the 7th position to win the Daytona 500.
2008 Manufacturer performance
• After a disappointing 2007 season, Toyota came back with the dominant car in Kyle Busch and finished in the top 10 with two different cars.
Mark Garrow covers fantasy racing for ESPN.com.