Wie's 65 reminiscent of her younger self
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Michelle Wie busted out of hibernation on Thursday at LPGA Tour Q-school, throwing off the robotic shackles of her opening round and going for broke like when she first burst on to the world golf scene.
MORE GOLF HEADLINES
- Tiger's company loses case, must pay $668K
- Every, 3 others share lead at windy Valspar
- Tiger being treated, intends to play Bay Hill
- Canizares' 11-birdie 62 good for Trophee lead
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2008 LPGA TOUR Q-SCHOOL FINALS
Michelle Wie has contended in women's majors and nearly made the cut of a PGA Tour event. One thing she's never owned, though, is official status on any professional circuit. That is, until she finished tied for seventh at 2008 Q-school.
What: LPGA Tour Q-school final stage
When: Dec. 3-7
Courses: LPGA International -- the Legends and Champions courses
Location: Daytona Beach, Fla.
Field: 140 players
The Future• Adelson: Great expectations for Wie in 2009
Day 5• Adelson: Wie starts '09 season with 'clean slate'
• Watch: Wie discusses earning her Tour card
• Wie earns card; Lewis wins Q-school | Scores
Day 4• Adelson: Wie proves again her worth to LPGA
• Wie 1 off the lead with 18 to play | Scores
Day 3• Adelson: Wie might be shaken, but not stirred
• Wie's 72 leaves her in decent shape | Scores
Day 2• Adelson: Wie goes old school at Q-school
• Wie a contender after two rounds of Q-school
Day 1• Adelson: Wie steady as she goes in first round
• Wie opens with 69 on tough Q-school course