Ochoa stays true to Mexican roots
There is a reason Lorena Ochoa's photo adorns nearly all of the promotional material for this week's Corona Morelia Championship on the LPGA Tour, just as it did earlier this year for the MasterCard Classic.
Ochoa is the face of golf in her native Mexico, which has two tournaments on the LPGA schedule almost solely because of her.
It is a pretty big honor -- and quite a bit of pressure -- for someone who won't even celebrate her 25th birthday until next month. But it ...
Read full story
Hispanic Heritage Month
• Schwarb: Montoya brings star power to NASCAR
• Drehs: Ohio State's Gonzalez cooks up Cuban culture
• Schwarb: Almirola's rise through Craftsman Truck ranks
• Drehs: Melting pot strength of Iowa high schools
• Harig: The face of golf in Mexico
• Avila paved the way for Dominican baseball talent.
• Puerto Rican fans adore Arroyo in Orlando
• Roberto Duran doesn't pull punches, even at 55
• Rojas: Forgotten history of a Dominican pioneer
• Baxter: The pitch, and the pitchers, from Venezuela
• Lapchick: Latin participation good for business
• The 'other' A-Rod is kickin' it at USC
• Neyer: A Latin American dream team
• Baxter: Breaking down barriers
• Fish: Latinos are reinvigorating the game
• Crasnick: Agents of change