Take a walk on the lighter side
The 2006 golf season produced the usual share of memories sad to happy, dramatic to dubious. Who can forget Tiger Woods' tearful British Open victory after the passing of his father Earl two months earlier, or the loss of legend Byron Nelson? How about the sheer joy exuding from another victorious European Ryder Cup team, or any number of moments over the last few holes of the U.S. Open? But there were also more humorous moments in '06 that, if they didn't make you crack a smile then, you ...
Read full story
2006 Year in Review
• Rosaforte: Tame Tiger to terrorize tour in 2007?
• Wacker: C'mon, 2006 was a little funny, too
• Surprise! Tiger doesn't win a Sirak Award
• Sobel: Tiger's season can't be measured in numbers
• Harig: Earl will be in Tiger's thoughts at Target
• Alternate Shot: Year-end issues and other debates
• Sobel: Immelman separates himself from fellow rookies
• Experts' picks: PGA Tour awards
• Sobel: Holiday wishes for the upcoming golf season ... Mailbag: Your wishes
• Hawkins: Enduring memories of the '06 season
• Golf World: Newsmakers, Nos. 1-5
• Golf World: Newsmakers, Nos. 6-10
• Golf World: Newsmakers, Nos. 11-15
• Golf World: Newsmakers, Nos. 16-20
• Golf World: Newsmakers, Nos. 21-25
• Harig: What happened to Mickelson after Open collapse?
• Sirak: 2006 was an unpredictable LPGA season
• On the Hot Seat: Lorena Ochoa
• Weekly 18: Shots of the year
• SportsNation: Vote now!
• Squabbles, contentions, disagreements
• Alternate Shot: After Tiger, who's No. 2?
• Rosaforte: Year of highs and lows
• Harig: Woods passes forgotten Casper
• Tiger '06 retrospective