California wildfires force Mickelson family to evacuate
Southern California wildfires from Malibu to San Diego have forced the evacuation of an estimated 500,000 residents from their homes, including Phil Mickelson and his family.
"We're safe, the family is together," Mickelson told Golf World on Tuesday afternoon.
Mickelson's wife, Amy, and the family's three children evacuated from their Rancho Santa Fe home on Monday while Mickelson was playing in a corporate outing at Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, N.J. ...
Read full story
Despite more than a dozen wildfires in Southern California, conditions have improved enough for the Chargers and Texans to still play their game in San Diego. The shifting flames have burned across nearly 600 square miles, destroying nearly 2,000 homes and prompting evacuations from north of Los Angeles, through San Diego to the Mexican border.
News• Chargers rout Texans in emotional game
• NFL, NFLPA donate $250,000 to fire relief
• Texans-Chargers will play Sunday in San Diego
• Report: Stadium would be ready Sunday
• Games postponed because of California wildfires
• Fires damage one of Seau's San Diego homes
• San Diego St. practicing indoors at Aztec Center
• Carson Palmer's home among those evacuated
• Brees deals with home troubles
• Chargers leave for Arizona with heavy hearts
• Wildfires postpone San Diego State game
• Lakers cancel preseason game in S.D.
• Mickelson, family forced to evacuate
• Suns GM Kerr evacuates
Analysis• Chadiha: Chargers handle chaos, Texans
• Buckheit: Eyewitness to the fires
Podcast• LT talks about fires approaching
Blog• Katz: San Diego State's Fisher flees home
ABCnews.com coverage• Evacuations, closures in Southern California
• Utter devastation