Garcia breaks drought with sudden-death win over Goydos at Players
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Sunday at Sawgrass felt tougher on Sergio Garcia than what he faced last summer at the British Open, a playoff loss that seemed to define a career filled with more talent than trophies.
He was tormented by a suspect putter. He heard questions whether he could win a big one.
All that changed in the final hour of The Players Championship thanks to two clutch putts, a wedge that found safety on an island and a playoff victory that Garcia desperately needed.
Read full story
2008 PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
When: Thursday-Sunday, May 8-11
Where: TPC at Sawgrass
Yardage, Par: 7,215 yards; par 72
2007 champion: Phil Mickelson
Fourth round• Final-round recap | Scores | Golf Digest: Photos
• Harig: Sergio back on 'legendary' track?
• Sobel: Goydos loses with heart firmly on sleeve
• Golf Digest's Strege: Goydos earns respect
• Golf Digest's Rosaforte: Winners and losers
Third round• Third-round recap | Golf Digest: Photos
• Harig: Goydos, Garcia find common ground
• Sobel: Garcia zeros in on biggest win of career
• Golf Digest's Antonini: Winners and losers
• Golf Digest's Verdi: Saturday postcard
Second round• Second-round recap | Golf Digest: Photos
• Harig: Weekley finding out how good he is
• Sobel: Attitude, approach instrumental for Kim
First round• First-round recap | Golf Digest: Photos
• Harig: Putter working just fine for Garcia
• Sobel: TPC Sawgrass simply a fair test of golf
Players Preview• Sobel: Ranking the top 20
• Sirak: Minus Tiger, importance of Players enhanced
• Hot seat: Hunter Mahan • Golf Digest: Course overview | 3-D fly-overs