Woods set to have season-ending knee surgery
Tiger Woods walked tenderly out of Torrey Pines with a U.S. Open trophy he was destined to win on a left leg worse than anyone imagined. A group of children called out to him and Woods looked over and waved.
It turned out to be a most symbolic gesture.
So long, Tiger.
See you next year.
Woods revealed Wednesday he has been playing for at least 10 months with a torn ligament in his left knee, and that he suffered a double stress fracture in his left leg two weeks before ...
Read full story
TIGER WOODS OUT FOR 2008
Tiger Woods, just two days after winning the U.S. Open in a playoff, announced that he'll miss the 2008 season due to surgery on his left knee. Story
Analysis/Commentary• Buick Open gives glimpse into Tiger-less future
• Sobel: Tiger will still make headlines in '08
• Forde: Woods' guts as good as his game
• Harig: Haney details Tiger's timeline
• Sobel: Golf will survive without Woods
• North: They talk of Tiger's Open for '100 years'
• Chat wrap: ESPN.com golf writer Jason Sobel
• Page 2: Playing with pain | Rank 'em
• New resonance to ad touting Tiger's toughness
• Doctor weighs in on possible long-term issues
• Gallo: Life with Tiger as your caddie
More News• Woods undergoes reconstructive knee surgery
• Nicklaus impressed by injured Tiger's Open win
• Caddie Williams: No quit in Tiger
Video• Reilly: What injury does to game of golf
• Bell: Evaluating Woods' rehab
• Sobel: Injury only magnifies U.S. Open win
• Harig: Golf world will miss Woods
• First Take: Impressions as news breaks
Audio• Finchem discusses Tiger injury effect on golf
• Haney: Woods will be back strong
• Bell: Woods' recovery timeline
From GolfDigest.com• Tiger's absence good for golf?
• Woods injury 'not career threatening'
• Dan Jenkins: The Greatest by the Greatest
Look back at the U.S. Open• Woods beats Mediate in sudden death
• Forde: Greatest Open ever
• Harig: Haney puts it No. 1 on Tiger's list