Haney: Tiger predicted U.S. Open victory despite two leg fractures
We saw him limp through 91 holes, wince with every big swing and win the U.S. Open in a playoff over Rocco Mediate on Monday despite virtually no preparation for the tournament.
Now we are learning that Tiger Woods' participation and triumph in the major championship at Torrey Pines is even more remarkable.
Woods announced Wednesday that he will have reconstructive ACL surgery on his left knee and will miss the remainder of the golf season.
Hank Haney, Woods' ...
Read full story
TIGER WOODS OUT FOR 2008
Tiger Woods, just two days after winning the U.S. Open in a playoff, announced that he'll miss the 2008 season due to surgery on his left knee. Story
Analysis/Commentary• Buick Open gives glimpse into Tiger-less future
• Sobel: Tiger will still make headlines in '08
• Forde: Woods' guts as good as his game
• Harig: Haney details Tiger's timeline
• Sobel: Golf will survive without Woods
• North: They talk of Tiger's Open for '100 years'
• Chat wrap: ESPN.com golf writer Jason Sobel
• Page 2: Playing with pain | Rank 'em
• New resonance to ad touting Tiger's toughness
• Doctor weighs in on possible long-term issues
• Gallo: Life with Tiger as your caddie
More News• Woods undergoes reconstructive knee surgery
• Nicklaus impressed by injured Tiger's Open win
• Caddie Williams: No quit in Tiger
Video• Reilly: What injury does to game of golf
• Bell: Evaluating Woods' rehab
• Sobel: Injury only magnifies U.S. Open win
• Harig: Golf world will miss Woods
• First Take: Impressions as news breaks
Audio• Finchem discusses Tiger injury effect on golf
• Haney: Woods will be back strong
• Bell: Woods' recovery timeline
From GolfDigest.com• Tiger's absence good for golf?
• Woods injury 'not career threatening'
• Dan Jenkins: The Greatest by the Greatest
Look back at the U.S. Open• Woods beats Mediate in sudden death
• Forde: Greatest Open ever
• Harig: Haney puts it No. 1 on Tiger's list