Woods undergoes reconstructive surgery on left knee
Tiger Woods had reconstructive surgery on his left knee Tuesday in Utah to repair a torn ligament, and doctors said it was "highly unlikely" there would be any long-term effects.
It was the second time in 10 weeks Woods had surgery on his knee, this time on his anterior cruciate ligament.
"We were confident going into this surgery, and I am pleased with the results," Dr. Thomas D. Rosenberg said Tuesday in a statement released by IMG, Woods' management company.
"There were no ...
Read full story
TIGER WOODS OUT FOR 2008
Tiger Woods, just two days after winning the U.S. Open in a playoff, announced that he'll miss the 2008 season due to surgery on his left knee. Story
Analysis/Commentary• Buick Open gives glimpse into Tiger-less future
• Sobel: Tiger will still make headlines in '08
• Forde: Woods' guts as good as his game
• Harig: Haney details Tiger's timeline
• Sobel: Golf will survive without Woods
• North: They talk of Tiger's Open for '100 years'
• Chat wrap: ESPN.com golf writer Jason Sobel
• Page 2: Playing with pain | Rank 'em
• New resonance to ad touting Tiger's toughness
• Doctor weighs in on possible long-term issues
• Gallo: Life with Tiger as your caddie
More News• Woods undergoes reconstructive knee surgery
• Nicklaus impressed by injured Tiger's Open win
• Caddie Williams: No quit in Tiger
Video• Reilly: What injury does to game of golf
• Bell: Evaluating Woods' rehab
• Sobel: Injury only magnifies U.S. Open win
• Harig: Golf world will miss Woods
• First Take: Impressions as news breaks
Audio• Finchem discusses Tiger injury effect on golf
• Haney: Woods will be back strong
• Bell: Woods' recovery timeline
From GolfDigest.com• Tiger's absence good for golf?
• Woods injury 'not career threatening'
• Dan Jenkins: The Greatest by the Greatest
Look back at the U.S. Open• Woods beats Mediate in sudden death
• Forde: Greatest Open ever
• Harig: Haney puts it No. 1 on Tiger's list