Given record in biggest events, Wie's first win could have major implications
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida -- After seven years as a part-time performer, Michelle Wie is now a card-carrying member of the LPGA Tour. But what did the rest of us learn about her during Q-school?
1. Reports of Wie's demise are greatly exaggerated.
2. Wie has the talent and game to win now.
3. She still hasn't proved she can perform in the clutch.
When the week began, there was a very real possibility that the entire Wie experiment would fizzle. Of course, she is only ...
Read full story
2008 LPGA TOUR Q-SCHOOL FINALS
Michelle Wie has contended in women's majors and nearly made the cut of a PGA Tour event. One thing she's never owned, though, is official status on any professional circuit. That is, until she finished tied for seventh at 2008 Q-school.
What: LPGA Tour Q-school final stage
When: Dec. 3-7
Courses: LPGA International -- the Legends and Champions courses
Location: Daytona Beach, Fla.
Field: 140 players
The Future• Adelson: Great expectations for Wie in 2009
Day 5• Adelson: Wie starts '09 season with 'clean slate'
• Watch: Wie discusses earning her Tour card
• Wie earns card; Lewis wins Q-school | Scores
Day 4• Adelson: Wie proves again her worth to LPGA
• Wie 1 off the lead with 18 to play | Scores
Day 3• Adelson: Wie might be shaken, but not stirred
• Wie's 72 leaves her in decent shape | Scores
Day 2• Adelson: Wie goes old school at Q-school
• Wie a contender after two rounds of Q-school
Day 1• Adelson: Wie steady as she goes in first round
• Wie opens with 69 on tough Q-school course