- The island hole at the 14th is a Coeur D'Alene signature.
Golf Digest's Best Places to Play rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ½:
Lake Coeur d'Alene, which National Geographic magazine calls one of the five most beautiful lakes in the world, serves as the backdrop for this resort course in northwest Idaho. Water comes into play in more ways than one at this Idaho resort.
Need To Know Coeur d'Alene Golf Club
900 Floating Green Drive
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
Players can arrive at the course by way of a launch and then head to the practice tee where they hit floating golf balls into the lake.
On No. 14 (shown here), a computer on the tee flashes the exact distance each day depending where golf's only floating green (which weighs 5 million pounds) has been positioned.
Designed by Scott Miller, Coeur d'Alene is located in the Idaho panhandle, some 30 miles from Spokane, Wash.
MORE GOLF HEADLINES
- In progress: Tiger struggling at Doral
- Tiger 2 over through 10 at suspended Doral
- Day withdraws from Cadillac with hurt thumb
- Stuard leads by 1 at windy Puerto Rico Open
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM