- Fox Hopyard's final hole is a 551-yard par-5.
Need To Know Fox Hopyard GC
1 Hopyard Rd.
East Haddam, CT 06423
Fox Hopyard boasts several looks. The front nine opens in beautiful dense woods of oak, beech, maple and birch and climbs steep slopes for two holes before tumbling back to earth on the drop-shot par-3 fourth. Other holes on the front, notably the sixth and seventh, intersect with broad wetlands. The layout finishes in open land, reshaped into mounds and a vast irrigation lake.
The course's greens are one of its main assets. Kidney-shaped for the most part, they are also vast, allowing for as much as two-club difference depending on whether the pin is placed in the front or the back of the putting surface.
MORE GOLF HEADLINES
- Reed, 23, makes history with win at Doral
- Tiger tweaks back, fades with birdie-less 78
- Rookie Hadley closes out Puerto Rico victory
- No. 1 Park edges No. 2 Pettersen in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM