- Better get loose on the range -- Kittansett's first hole is a tough 430-yard par-4.
Golf Digest's Best Places to Play rating: ★ ★ ★ ★
Need To Know Kittansett Club
11 Point Road
Marion, Massachusetts 02738
Opened in 1922, this course was built next to Buzzard's Bay and features a number of holes near the water. The terrain is basically flat, but the fairways are tree lined once the course turns away from the water. The layout regularly adorns Golf Digest's Top 100 Courses list. No. 1 is a strong opening hole that measures 430 yards and plays as a par 4.
Two holes later, the course proves that an island green doesn't have to be surrounded by water. The 165-yard third hole is played over an inlet to a green surrounded by sand. The course is enough of a challenge that it hosted the 1953 Walker Cup matches, won by the United States 9 to 3 over Great Britain & Ireland.
MORE GOLF HEADLINES
- Reed, 23, makes history with win at Doral
- Tiger tweaks back, fades with birdie-less 78
- Rookie Hadley closes out Puerto Rico victory
- No. 1 Park edges No. 2 Pettersen in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM