- The Bear Course's 149 slope is the highest of any course in Michigan.
Golf Digest's Best Places to Play rating: ★ ★ ★ ★
Need To Know Grand Traverse Resort & Spa (Bear)
U.S. 31 North
Acme, Michigan 49610
Jack Nicklaus took a relatively flat piece of terrain at this Michigan resort on Grand Traverse Bay and added extensive mounding, terraced fairways and deep bunkers. The result is the Bear Course.
The Bear boasts a course rating of 76.1 and the 149 slope rating is the highest in Michigan. In any survey set up to determine the most beautiful resort course in Michigan, the Bear Course would be a strong contender. It's also a demanding championship layout with water on 10 holes which means bring your camera-and a lot of golf balls.
MORE GOLF HEADLINES
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Rookie apologizes after Poulter's Twitter rant
- Hadley shoots 67, takes lead in Puerto Rico
- Garcia, again bitten by Blue Monster, takes 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM