Schaub hits local woman with tee shot
STATELINE, Nev. -- Sally Capehart learned first hand the dangers of attending a celebrity golf tournament. She was watching from about 10 yards left of the par-3, 17th green bordering Lake Tahoe on Sunday when the tee shot of Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub hit her on top of her head.
"Are you serious?" Schaub said as he arrived at the green.
"I'm so sorry. I had no idea I hit somebody," he told the woman who lives about 20 miles from Edgewood-Tahoe Golf Course.
Schaub autographed a golf ball for Capehart, who clearly was in pain for several minutes. She told paramedics she thought she was all right but had some ringing in her ears and went to the hospital as a precaution.
"It's my first golf tournament," she said, adding that she'd probably come back to another "if I don't get hit in the head."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE GOLF HEADLINES
- Toothache: Tiger explains camera incident
- Allenby stands by story of beating, robbery
- Wie focused on health, improvement in 2015
- Tiger: I'm driving ball like I did 15 years ago
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey Houston Texans Matt Schaub #8