Ishikawa playing HSBC Champions
The 18-year-old Ishikawa was scheduled to play in a smaller event on Japan's domestic tour but was given permission by his sponsors to take part in the $7 million event in Shanghai.
"I'm looking forward to seeing how I perform in such a strong field," Ishikawa said Thursday.
Spain's Sergio Garcia is the defending champion at the Nov. 5-8 event at Sheshan International Golf Club.
Ishikawa has won four domestic events this year and currently leads the Japanese money rankings. He has played three majors this year, missing the cut at the Masters and the British Open and finishing tied for 56th at the U.S. PGA Championship.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE GOLF HEADLINES
- Stenson leads McIlroy by 2 shots in Dubai
- Scott stays 6 shots back at Australian Masters
- Rookie Finau shoots 63 for lead at Pebble
- Lewis 3 shots back at LPGA finale
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Story »" name="McIlroy 2 Behind St">