*Reporting time available for athletes post online pre-register. To register, click here.
The schedule for the 2010 Nike Football Combines has been released and online registration is now available by clicking the image to the right. The national tour, which tested and rated 14,000 of the nation's top prospects last spring, will once again showcase the talent from all corners of the country with a tour scheduled for 18 events in 2010.
Nike Football Combines are free and open to Class of 2011 and top underclassmen high school football players looking to showcase their skills. Alumni of the combines include NFL stars Larry Fitzgerald (Arizona Cardinals), Devin Hester (Chicago Bears) and Haloti Ngata (Baltimore Ravens) as well as thousands more who have gone on to play Division I college football.Registration for Nike Combines is free and done 100 percent online. Online registration information will be posted along with the tour dates and locations on Dec. 15th. Any athletes wishing to be notified when online
registration goes live, just email Bob Masajo at email@example.com with your name, school and year of graduation. All athletes will be e-mailed confirmation materials after registering online, including the address to their chosen event and the reporting time.
Attending one of the Nike Football Combines gives each athlete the opportunity to get professionally SPARQ tested so they will have a starting base to improve upon. SPARQ stands for speed, power, agility, reaction and quickness. The rating comes from a series of sport-specific tests and gives athletes a chance to see their strengths and weaknesses. They'll also have a chance to see other elite players in their class, which will give them an idea of where they stand.
There is also an opportunity for great recruiting exposure and coverage. There will be stories, photos and videos posted on ESPN.com's recruiting page and Scouts Inc. will offer player analysis as well. College programs across the country also receive the testing results.
Registered athletes participating in the 2010 Nike Football Combines will:
• Receive free access and testing at either turf/indoor or grass/outdoor events.
• Be measured by height and weight, and photographed.
• Receive a proper, supervised dynamic warm-up.
• Be tested in: the 40-yard dash (twice, fastest time kept), vertical jump (highest jump kept), the 20-yard shuttle (twice, fastest time kept) and the power ball throw (twice, farthest throw kept). If players are not satisfied with their results, they may scratch them so they are not reported.
• Receive a SPARQ Rating based on a calculation of their testing scores.
• Attend an interactive Nike SPARQ seminar which will cover offseason training, the recruiting process and a short series of SPARQ drills.
• In select markets, be able to participate in a free instructional Nike SPARQ Mini-Camps free of charge to help each athlete work with SPARQ trainers to improve upon their times and stats from the Nike Football Combine. Athletes can pre-register for SPARQ Mini-Camps through the same registration link for the Nike Football Combines.
• Receive exposure across ESPN platforms, including a player card in the Scouts, Inc. database.
• Be eligible for selection consideration for the Nike Football Training Camps, the top national football camp tour (selection is based on over all performance and participation is free).
• Receive a free Nike Pro workout shirt (but must bring appropriate workout gear: shorts, sweats, football cleats and training shoes) .