DEPARTMENT - MN-KSPN-AM-Programming
CITY - Los Angeles, CA
TITLE - Program Director
POSITION TYPE - Full Time
JOB ID - 262930
Scope of Responsibility:
- Responsible for on-air sound and programming strategy of radio station, along with imaging, talent development and programs.
- Works with General Manager to establish vision, mission and goals of station and programming department.
- Understanding Arbitron PPM; how it works, how to program to it, building clocks that work in a PPM world, how to analyze the data and evolve the product accordingly
- Seamlessly integrate local, national and play by play programming through the radio station 24/7/365.
- Work closely with Programming Team, Sales, Promotions/Marketing, Engineering, Traffic & Continuity, The Business Office, ESPN in Bristol, and all of the programming and business partners of the radio station.
- Executive Producer of Lakers Play by Play. Includes working with talent (pre/post + play by play team), working alongside Lakers for approval of programming & game clocks, talent, integrating live reads, promoting the team and team events, imaging the team on the radio station, working with sales to develop unique sponsor experiences/opportunities.
- Executive Producer of USC Football/Basketball. Includes working with talent (pre/post + play by play team), creating unique USC focused programming, integrating live reads, promoting the team and team events, imaging the team on the radio station, working with sales to develop unique sponsor experiences/opportunities.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining programming budget.
- AM830 KLAA in association with ESPN. As the programming liaison you work directly KLAA, The Angels and ESPN to help fully integrate the two stations as part of ESPN LA. Programming opportunities, unique promotions, and ESPN LA imaging for both stations.
- ESPNLA.com. Working directly with the ESPNLA.com staff to find unique ways to cross promote the platforms and integrate radio into the website and the website within the radio product.
- Minimum 5 years Major Market or Network Management Experience with a track record of ratings success.
- Minimum 5 years experience with Radio and Digital Audio platforms
- Talent Development
- Knowledge and understanding of Arbitron & PPM Ratings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications or comparable degree.
- Limited Travel
ESPN, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
LOS ANGELES TOP STORIES
MORE LOS ANGELES HEADLINES