NEW YORK -- Kansas City Royals minor league outfielder Jarrod Dyson was suspended for 50 games Saturday after testing positive for an amphetamine. The penalty will begin at the start of the season.
The 24-year-old Dyson hit .260 with 24 RBIs and 39 stolen bases for Class A Wilmington of the Carolina League last year.
He is the sixth minor leaguer suspended this year under the program, the fifth for performance-enhancing drugs. One was banned after a positive test for a drug of abuse.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Sources: Mendenhall, 26, retiring from NFL
- Creighton's McDermott goes over 3K in win
- Cavs honor 'Big Z' as LeBron makes cameo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Kansas City Royals Ice Royal Jacket