From Superman to the Invisible Man
Stephen Strasburg's long road to recovery will include rehab and anonymity
It is a daunting task to accept the reality of life when the game stops. A lot of the adjustment comes from slowing down after constantly being on the move, constantly being in the center of the action during the major league season. Although I was a first-round draft pick, I never experienced the kind of attention someone like Stephen Strasburg garnered when he made his major league debut. For a few short months, he had legendary status and the electric fastball to go with it.
Tommy John surgery
What is Tommy John surgery? ESPN.com Topics has the details on the procedure, created by Dr. Frank Jobe and named for the former Dodgers and Yankees pitcher who had his career saved in the mid-'70s. Full Profile »
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Ortiz, Red Sox discuss one-year extension
- Sources: Loney agrees to deal with Rays
- Yanks not angry at Cano, 'feel bad for him'
- Ellsbury goes from 'thorn' to Yanks' 'flower'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Youth Washington Nationals 59Fifty Diamond Tech White/Navy Batting Practice Hat