Power B's: Burnett vs. Burrell
• Postponed, the Cubs' Mark Prior was scheduled to take the mound for the first time this season against the National League's best young pitcher, San Diego's Jake Peavy, who won the league's ERA crown last year and whiffed 10 in 6 2/3 scoreless innings last week. We'll have to wait on this matchup until Wednesday.
• At 10:05 p.m. ET, Oakland's Danny Haren will try to get the Athletics back on track; they've lost three of their last four while playing Tampa Bay and Toronto.
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly from Monday
The Good: Brad Halsey, a refugee from the Yankees' farm system who joined the Diamondbacks as part of the Randy Johnson deal, shut out the Rockies for six innings, striking out seven. You can say this for Halsey: In his short stint with the Yankees, he never looked intimidated, and that's pretty good for someone who's 23.
The Bad: Time to dispense with the idea that Jason Giambi looks good. He's got twice as many strikeouts (8) as hits (4) and twice as many errors (2) as RBI (1). At his current pace, he'll finish the year with 23 RBI.
The Ugly: The Pirates don't have Jason Kendall any more, and their offense is ... well, suspect. A .294 team on-base average, 16 runs and one homer in seven games. Wow.
Buster Olney is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine. His book, "The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty," is being released in paperback on May 1 and can be ordered through HarperCollins.com.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Padres near deal for Rays OF Myers
- Source: Giants, Romo finalizing $15M deal
- Suspended 1B Davis cleared to use Adderall
- Braves OF Markakis has surgery to fix disk