• 1:05 p.m. ET: Following Tony La Russa's swipe at Bobby Cox for supposedly complaining too much, the Cardinals-Braves game could have a sideshow Sunday. Jeff Suppan works for the Cards; John Smoltz pitches for the Braves.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly from Saturday
Bud Selig has made his share of mistakes in his tenure as commissioner, but he finally pulled the trigger tactically on Don Fehr by calling for a reconstruction of the same steroid-testing program Selig was touting just six weeks ago.
Kerry Wood leaves a start after only three innings on Saturday, and he's scheduled for an examination on Monday. No matter what they tell him, here's the bottom line: He's not pitching well enough to last, or to win.
Buster Olney is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine. His book, "The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty," is being released in paperback May 1 and can be ordered through HarperCollins.com.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury