• 7:05: Two irresistible forces meet: Gustavo Chacin of the Blue Jays against the Baltimore Orioles. Rodrigo Lopez throws for the O's.
• 7:10: The Pitching Matchup of the Day will be in Philadelphia, where the Phillies' Jon Lieber faces Pedro Martinez of the Mets.
• 7:15: The Yankees go into Tampa Bay under enormous pressure to crush the Devil Rays this week. Mike Mussina throws against the Rays' Scott Kazmir.
• 10:05: A contrast in styles in Oakland, with soft-tossing Kenny Rogers set to pitch against the Athletics' young gun, Rich Harden.
• 10:10: The Nationals' long day of travel ends in LA, where Esteban Loaiza pitches against the Dodgers' Scott Erickson, about 24 hours after their game in Washington against the Mets.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly from Sunday
The Orioles, who are 10 games over .500 for the first time since 1998.
The Colorado Rockies are 1-10 in road games, with a staff ERA of 5.76 on the road; they've scored 34 runs in 11 games away from Coors Field.
The Yankees are 7½ games out of first place, their biggest deficit since 1997. Brian Roberts has more home runs (eight) than Jason Giambi, Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada and Tino Martinez combined.
Buster Olney is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine. His book, "The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty," is available in paperback and can be ordered through HarperCollins.com.