Cleveland rocks: Halladay, Sabathia face off
• 1:05: The Best Pitching Matchup of the Day will be in Cleveland, where Toronto's Roy Halladay will face C.C. Sabathia of the Indians. Oddly, the Indians have not seen much of Halladay over the last four seasons; he's made only one start against Cleveland from 2002-05. Halladay has allowed almost as many homers (seven) as walks (eight).
• 1:35: The Guy Most Likely To Go Deep is Adam Dunn of the Reds against Vicente Padilla of the Phillies. Padilla has a 9.74 ERA and has allowed six homers in five starts. Dunn doesn't have any homers in four career at-bats against Padilla, but today's the day.
• 3:05: The White Sox and Orioles play the final game of their four-game Big Series, with Erik Bedard pitching for Baltimore against Jose Contreras, who has a 1.82 ERA at home compared to 5.40 on the road.
• 4:05: The Reverse Lock will be in Oakland. The Yankees are playing well now, hitting like crazy, and they've got Randy Johnson taking the mound against Danny Haren, who was hit hard in his last start. All logic points to a Yankee victory, so look for an Oakland win.
• 8:05: The Astros, scrambling to stay in the NL Central race, will send Brandon Backe to the mound against the Giants' ancient warrior Jeff Fassero. The lefty is 42 years old, but opponents are hitting .194 against him this season.
Buster Olney is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine. His book, "The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty," is available in paperback and can be ordered through HarperCollins.com.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects
- Epstein not thrilled with Cards 'gift' draft pick
- Don't speak: McGwire done with Canseco
- Cespedes has 2 HRs, 5 RBIs but hurts thumb