Nearly ready for the Show
John Sickels looks at some propects who could get promoted to the majors at some point in '04.
Here is a look at some Rookies on the Cusp for 2004. This is not a comprehensive look at every rookie who could be called up this year. Rather, I'm focusing on players who are the best bets to be promoted later this season and take a major role in the Show. All of them could conceivably have an impact down the stretch, given the right set of circumstances, of course.
In no particular order:
John Sickels is the author of "The Baseball Prospect Book 2004," which can be ordered through his Web site, Johnsickels.com. His other book, "Bob Feller: Ace of the Greatest Generation," is also out, and can be ordered through on-line book outlets or your local bookstore. He lives in Lawrence, Kan., with his wife Jeri, son Nicholas, and feline friends Toonces and Spot.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Tanaka leads Yanks; 28 K's in 1st 3 games
- Astros call up prized outfield prospect Springer
- Napoli (finger) out, Pedroia back
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Oakland Athletics Cross-Body Green Sheen Purse