Hrbek, Killebrew, Ripken to honor Puckett
MINNEAPOLIS -- Some of Kirby Puckett's most famous friends will speak at a memorial for the late Hall of Famer at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Metrodome.
The Twins announced a list of speakers that includes Kent Hrbek, Torii Hunter, Tom Kelly, Harmon Killebrew, former Twins general manager Andy MacPhail, Al Newman, Dave Winfield and Cal Ripken Jr.
The Metrodome doors will open at 6 p.m. and admission is free. The Metropolitan Sports Commission will provide free water and soda.
Kirby Puckett: 1960-2006
Hall of Fame outfielder Kirby Puckett died at the age of 45. He was a 10-time All-Star and won two World Series rings in 12 seasons with the Twins.
• Puckett dead at 45 ...
• Players, fans mourn Puckett
• Twins to honor Puckett
• Stark: Greatness personified
• Gammons: Remembering Puck
• Caple: No one as likable as Puck
• Transcript: 911 call
• Kurkjian: A game for the ages
• Rojas: Big Papi's idol
• Puckett's highs and lows
• ESPN.com voices on Puckett
• SportsNation: Your memories?
• Gallery: Puckett in photos
• Wiley: Trial and error (from '03)
• Hall of Fame:
Election | Induction | Speech
• Career: Highlights | Statistics