Bonds to sue to over book's use of grand jury docs
SAN FRANCISCO -- Barry Bonds plans to sue the authors and publisher of a book that alleges the San Francisco Giants' slugger used steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs.
Bonds' attorneys sent a letter Thursday to an agent for the authors of "Game of Shadows," alerting them of plans to sue the writers, publisher Gotham Books, the San Francisco Chronicle and Sports Illustrated, which published excerpts this month.
"Our client, Barry Bonds, will seek an ex ...
Read full story
Barry Bonds and Doping
A grand jury is reportedly hearing evidence about whether Barry Bonds perjured himself during testimony Dec. 4, 2003. Two new books also detail steroids allegations dating to 1998.
• "Game of Shadows" authors subpoenaed
• MLB won't celebrate Bonds passing Ruth
• 'Clear' supplier pleads guilty
• Report: Bonds' trainer subpoenaed
• Perjury convictions difficult
• Feds investigating Bonds for perjury
• Olney: MLB would seize on conviction
• Klosterman: The breaking point
• MLB plans steroid investigation
• Report: Bonds unknowingly used steroids
• Hunter: Bonds victim of racism
• Conte: Book is 'full of outright lies'
• MLB to celebrate if Bonds passes Aaron
• Book alleges Sheffield doped
• Pearlman: Great wasn't enough
• Jackson: Truth is undiscovered
• Gammons: Best, worst of era
• Wojciechowski: Career is kaput
• Book details doping regimen
• Jones: Steroids and segregation
• Assael: Andro use? | Wrap
• Did Bonds commit perjury?
• How does federal investigation affect BALCO investigation?
• More trouble for Bonds
• Cossack explains grand jury process
• Selig announces inquiry
• Co-author talks about book
• Kurkijan on Bonds' legacy
• Chasing Ruth