Bonds: 'My life is in shambles. It is crazy'
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Seven home runs shy of passing Babe Ruth, this should be a time of unbridled joy and excitement for Barry Bonds.
Not so, he says.
"My life is in shambles. It is crazy," Bonds said Monday in an interview with The Associated Press. "It couldn't get any crazier. I'm just trying to stay sane."
Then, clearly joking, he went for shock value:
"Go to the Empire State Building and jump off, commit suicide and people can say, 'Barry Bonds is finally dead.' ...
Read full story
Barry Bonds and Doping
A grand jury is reportedly hearing evidence about whether Barry Bonds perjured himself during testimony Dec. 4, 2003. Two new books also detail steroids allegations dating to 1998.
• "Game of Shadows" authors subpoenaed
• MLB won't celebrate Bonds passing Ruth
• 'Clear' supplier pleads guilty
• Report: Bonds' trainer subpoenaed
• Perjury convictions difficult
• Feds investigating Bonds for perjury
• Olney: MLB would seize on conviction
• Klosterman: The breaking point
• MLB plans steroid investigation
• Report: Bonds unknowingly used steroids
• Hunter: Bonds victim of racism
• Conte: Book is 'full of outright lies'
• MLB to celebrate if Bonds passes Aaron
• Book alleges Sheffield doped
• Pearlman: Great wasn't enough
• Jackson: Truth is undiscovered
• Gammons: Best, worst of era
• Wojciechowski: Career is kaput
• Book details doping regimen
• Jones: Steroids and segregation
• Assael: Andro use? | Wrap
• Did Bonds commit perjury?
• How does federal investigation affect BALCO investigation?
• More trouble for Bonds
• Cossack explains grand jury process
• Selig announces inquiry
• Co-author talks about book
• Kurkijan on Bonds' legacy
• Chasing Ruth