Beattie says he told O's about Segui's HGH use
David Segui has told ESPN and The Baltimore Sun that he informed Orioles executive VP Jim Beattie that he took HGH by legal prescription in 2003 and 2004. Beattie, now an Orioles consultant, told ESPN that Segui relayed to him only late in the 2004 season that he had been taking HGH.
Current Orioles executive VP of baseball operations Mike Flanagan told the Sun on Tuesday that the club was unaware that Segui had a chronic condition that required him to take HGH.
"He never revealed ...
Read full story
Segui Steps Forward
• Beattie says he told O's about Segui
• Segui speaks out on HGH
• Buster Olney: Segui falls short of championing the cause
• Transcript: Read excerpts from Jeremy Schaap's interview with Segui
• Watch Segui's interview with ESPN
ESPN THE MAGAZINE
• Intro: The shadows deepen
• Olney: Why pitchers juice
• Four ways to beat the system
• 'I had no shame'
• Audio: Amy Nelson | ESPN the Magazine's Shaun Assael talks about his continuing work on the MLB's drug policy. Shaun Assael
RECENT GRIMSLEY STORIES
• MLB suspends Grimsley 50 games
• Wojciechowski: Amnesty might be answer
• Grimsley to fight team's decision not to pay him
• ESPN The Magazine: Anti-aging movement fuels interest in HGH
• Cossack: Case is cautionary tale
• Whitlock: The steroid solution
• Olney: Grimsley with Yankees
• Stark: Grim times await
• Grimsley released by Diamondbacks
• Olney: HGH issue erupts
• Feds target Grimsley
• Drug expert: Time to take HGH seriously
• Players suspended for steroids since 2005
• Steroid policies, sport by sport