Cardinals shortstop leading the charge
ST. LOUIS -- David Eckstein is so small, frail and innocent-looking, Madonna might try to adopt him any day now.
Then you see him gritting his teeth through the aches and pains, fouling off tough pitches and laying out for balls in the hole, and it's evident just how consumed he is with making sure he wins and you lose. There's nothing particularly warm and fuzzy about that.
Eckstein's St. Louis teammates know he's a walking question mark these days. After missing a month with a ...
Read full story
2006 World Series Game 4
Thanks to David Eckstein, the Cards took control of the World Series with a wild comeback win. Recap | Series page
• Stark: Cardinals winning game of inches
• Woj: Only a matter of time for Cards
• Crasnick: Little Eckstein has huge heart
• Nelson: Tigers lose footing at critical time
• Law: Missed opportunities doom Detroit