Little big man: Eckstein named World Series MVP
ST. LOUIS -- David Eckstein took his mom to dinner at the White House, made a believer of Barry Bonds and got married at Walt Disney World.
To Tigers manager Jim Leyland, the 5-foot-7 shortstop looks like a "cute little kid."
EcksteinDavid Eckstein, who played shortstop on the Angels when they won the World Series in 2002, is the third player to start at shortstop for two different championship teams. The others were Dick Groat for the Pirates (1960) and Cardinals ...
Read full story
2006 World Series Game 5
The Cardinals beat the Tigers 4-2 in Game 5 on Friday night to wrap up their first title since 1982. Recap | Series page
• Jayson Stark: Improbable champions
• Gene Wojciechowski: La Russa's best work
• Amy Nelson: Weaver had his believers
• Jerry Crasnick: A mistake-filled series
• Rob Neyer: Eck of a shortstop
• Keith Law: Tigers threw it all away
• Eckstein named MVP
• Neyer chat wrap
• Playoffs in Pictures