Drew says shoulder is fine
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- J.D. Drew has no complaints about Boston adding conditions to his contract to protect the team in case he re-injures his shoulder. The club's new right fielder is confident the Red Sox have nothing to worry about.
Drew showed up at spring training Wednesday with a $70 million, five-year deal saying he's as healthy as he's ever been in his career and he's sure his right shoulder will hold up throughout the duration of his contract.
"Absolutely," Drew ...
Read full story
SPRING TRAINING NEWS
Follow the day's news from spring training in the Grapefruit and Cactus leagues as we begin the countdown toward Opening Day on Sunday (Mets at world champion Cardinals, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2):
• Colon, Weaver, Figgins on DL
• Pirates send Sanchez to the DL
• Rogers has clot removed, will miss first half
• Sabathia throws, says he's ready for opener
• Pavano to start Opening Day for Yankeees
• A's put Dan Johnson on DL with hip injury
• Walker signs minor league deal with A's
• Grapefruit: Towers wins spot in Jays' rotation
• Cactus: Big Unit to start season on DL