For personal reasons, Damon will miss time in camp
TAMPA, Fla. -- New York Yankees center fielder Johnny Damon is expected to miss at least a few days of spring training for personal reasons.
"I think it's going to be some time," manager Joe Torre said Saturday. "A few days or something. He has some personal things he has to attend to, and we just gave him that ability."
Damon was given permission to leave camp after talking with Torre and general manager Brian Cashman following Friday's workout.
SPRING TRAINING NEWS
Follow the day's news from spring training in the Grapefruit and Cactus leagues as we begin the countdown toward Opening Day on Sunday (Mets at world champion Cardinals, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2):
• Colon, Weaver, Figgins on DL
• Pirates send Sanchez to the DL
• Rogers has clot removed, will miss first half
• Sabathia throws, says he's ready for opener
• Pavano to start Opening Day for Yankeees
• A's put Dan Johnson on DL with hip injury
• Walker signs minor league deal with A's
• Grapefruit: Towers wins spot in Jays' rotation
• Cactus: Big Unit to start season on DL