Hampton has oblique injury, will miss start of season
KISSIMMEE, Fla. -- Mike Hampton's comeback took a major blow. And, no, it has nothing to do with his reconstructed elbow.
The Atlanta Braves left-hander injured his left side during batting practice, of all things, and won't be ready for the start of the regular season.
Hampton, starting the seventh season of a $121 million,
eight-year contract, will miss the rest of spring training and
could be out as long as two months. The Braves had been counting on
him to bolster a rotation ...
Read full story
SPRING TRAINING NEWS
Follow the day's news from spring training in the Grapefruit and Cactus leagues as we begin the countdown toward Opening Day on Sunday (Mets at world champion Cardinals, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2):
• Colon, Weaver, Figgins on DL
• Pirates send Sanchez to the DL
• Rogers has clot removed, will miss first half
• Sabathia throws, says he's ready for opener
• Pavano to start Opening Day for Yankeees
• A's put Dan Johnson on DL with hip injury
• Walker signs minor league deal with A's
• Grapefruit: Towers wins spot in Jays' rotation
• Cactus: Big Unit to start season on DL