Around the Grapefruit League
Boston Red Sox: Manager Terry Francona said relief pitcher Mike Timlin, who's being counted on to settle Boston's bullpen worries, has been able to throw again.
Francona said Timlin was able to play catch Friday from about 90 feet and was expected to will do again Saturday, according to The Boston Globe. He may be able to throw off a mound in three to four days, though Francona said that quick a comeback would be "aggressive."
Francona also said that left-hander Jon Lester, who is returning ...
Read full story
SPRING TRAINING NEWS
Follow the day's news from spring training in the Grapefruit and Cactus leagues as we begin the countdown toward Opening Day on Sunday (Mets at world champion Cardinals, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2):
• Colon, Weaver, Figgins on DL
• Pirates send Sanchez to the DL
• Rogers has clot removed, will miss first half
• Sabathia throws, says he's ready for opener
• Pavano to start Opening Day for Yankeees
• A's put Dan Johnson on DL with hip injury
• Walker signs minor league deal with A's
• Grapefruit: Towers wins spot in Jays' rotation
• Cactus: Big Unit to start season on DL