Verlander, at only 24, achieving greatness
Baseball news travels quickly in this age of cell phones and text messaging. J.J. Hardy's lazy fly ball had barely settled into Magglio Ordonez's glove late Tuesday night when word of Justin Verlander's no-hit, 12-strikeout masterpiece against Milwaukee began trickling into press boxes and scouts sections at ballparks across America.
Every no-hitter requires a degree of luck and fate, the planets aligning properly. A bad bounce here or a poor decision there can be enough to separate a pitcher ...
Read full story
JUNE 12, 2007: VERLANDER'S NO-HITTER
Right-hander Justin Verlander threw the sixth no-hitter in Detroit franchise history as the Tigers beat the Brewers 4-0 at Comerica Park.
• Verlander fans career-high 12 batters
• Jerry Crasnick: Verlander on path to greatness
• Diamond Daily: Detailing Verlander's dominance
• Rob Neyer: Is a Cy Young next for Verlander?
• Buster Olney: Could have been a Padre
• Curtis Granderson: A great night at Comerica
• Jayson Stark: Useless Verlander no-hitter info
• Eric Karabell: Verlander, other 10-K efforts
• All 30 at-bats vs. Brewers
• Postgame pitching report
• Brewers-Tigers game highlights
• Baseball Tonight breaks down Verlander's no-no
• Verlander talks about it in the clubhouse
• Baseball Today with Peter Pascarelli
• Tigers 1B Sean Casey on GameNight
• Verlander on The Dan Patrick Show