Pujols frustrated not to get into All-Star Game
SAN FRANCISCO -- Albert Pujols was angry about being left on the All-Star bench and the St. Louis slugger took aim at the National League manager -- who just happened to be Tony La Russa of his own Cardinals.
"It's the All-Star Game. He can do what he wants," Pujols said Tuesday night. "He does whatever he wants. If I wasn't expecting to play, I wouldn't have come up here."
Pujols, the NL MVP in 2005 and key to the Cardinals' win in the
World Series last year, said La Russa ...
Read full story
JULY 10, 2007: 78TH ALL-STAR GAME
MVP Ichiro Suzuki hit the first inside-the-park home run in All-Star Game history to lead the American League over the National League, 5-4. Recap
• Jayson Stark: Ichiro takes roundtrip to history
• Pujols angered at La Russa for benching
• Jerry Crasnick: Vintage Griffey on display
• Jim Caple: A Giant celebration for Willie Mays
• Amy Nelson: Nightmare night for closers
• Gene Wojciechowski: A-Rod's stock is rising
• Rob Neyer: Why was Pujols sitting?
• Jayson Stark: Useless All-Star Info
• Stark's top five stars of the game
• Ichiro's All-Star inside-the-park homer
• Ichiro leads the way to AL's 5-4 win
• ZOOM gallery of All-Star Game