Bonds' No. 756 ball estimated to garner $500,000
SAN FRANCISCO -- Electronic bidding began Tuesday for Barry Bonds' 755th and 756th home run balls, with the price for the record-breaker starting at $100,000.
Sotheby's/SCP Auctions is handling sales of the balls Bonds hit to tie and break Hank Aaron's home run record. Bidding closes Sept. 15, when the winning offer is to be announced.
"These balls are some of the most historic baseballs to come up publicly for auction," said David Kohler, president of SCP Auctions.
756: BONDS PASSES AARON
Barry Bonds passed Hank Aaron to become Major League Baseball's new all-time home run leader when he belted No. 756 off Washington's Mike Bacsik.
• Steroid talk kept Aaron away
• Bonds' No. 756 ball fetches over $750K in auction
• Mark Kreidler: No. 756 ball: Going, going... sold?
• Bids begin for Bonds' No. 755 and 756 HR balls
• Bonds handed key to city in San Francisco tribute
• Fan putting 756 ball up for auction
• Bonds hits No. 756
• Photo gallery of No. 756
• Diamond Daily: Ascending the throne
• New York man catches ball
• Bush called to congratulate Bonds
• Sadaharu Oh congratulates Bonds
• Selig meets with Mitchell instead
• Attorney keeping Bonds apprised of BALCO
• Action figures ready to hit shelves
• Aaron might "eventually" speak to Bonds
• Bonds gear goes on display at Hall
• Record-tying ball set for auction block
• Rob Neyer: Who's chasing Bonds?
• Keith Law: Up-and-coming sluggers
• Buster Olney: No comparing Bonds
• Rob Neyer: Don't forget Aaron's greatness
• Jim Caple's Off Base: Simply regret-a-ball
• Eric Karabell: Bonds' fantasy value
• Jim Caple: Aaron passes torch to Bonds
• Gene Wojciechowski: Barry has broken record
• Experts: Bonds as the new HR king
• Amy Nelson: How much will the record ball fetch?
• What they're saying about Bonds
• Tim Kurkjian: What if ...
• Jim Caple: Joining the masses in hopes of 756
• Eric Neel: Long-awaited No. 755 is one to savor
• Debate: Who's the greatest slugger of all time
• Imagine Sports: How would Aaron fare today?
• Rank: Who could break Bonds' record?
• Poll: Do you consider Bonds the real HR champ?
• Rank: Is it the most respected sports record?
• Rank: Who are the greatest all-time HR hitters
• Watch Bonds hit No. 756
• Bonds on finally hitting No. 756
• Bonds still has more baseball in him
• Mike Bacsik on giving up No. 756
• Kirk Rueter on Bonds' achievement
• Hall of Fame case for Bonds
• Baseball Tonight breaks down No. 756
• Dusty Baker talks about Bonds
• Bonds speaks after breaking record
• Bonds: "The hardest part is over"
• Baseball Tonight: Is an asterisk needed?
• Baseball Today: Giants GM Brian Sabean
• Pedro Gomez: Bonds' record chase
• Mike Bascik Jr./Sr: Father, son on No. 756
• Buster Olney: Bonds is greatest of his time
• Bob Costas: Record handled with class
• Peter Gammons: Selig's eerie message
• Fay Vincent: Bonds' record was exciting
• Ernie Harwell: Accept Bonds as the new king
• Beyond 756 page: Everything on Bonds
• Milestone Meter: From 756 to 300 to 3,000
• ESPN.com: The Best On Bonds
• Slideshow: Reliving Hank Aaron's No. 715
• Jerry Crasnick: Ready to make the call
• Jayson Stark: Kuiper's the anti-Bonds
• Jim Caple: Bonds feeling no pressure
• Tim Kurkjian: Victims of landmark home runs
• Bonds' Town Hall: Did Bonds use steroids?
• Bonds' Town Hall: Did anyone know?
• Bonds' Town Hall: Media witch hunt
• Brokaw: The Long Winter of Henry Aaron • Beyond 756: Chat with Amy Nelson