Exposing our dirty double standards
Originally Published: September 7, 2007By Jayson Stark | ESPN.com
There are certain stories in sports you wish weren't true, weren't real, weren't happening.There are certain stories in sports that pull you in, magnetize your eyeballs, grab your heart and then won't let go. Little did we know that Rick Ankiel's powerful story would fit both of those definitions. The defenses, the rationalizations, the leave-this-guy-alone pleas on behalf of Ankiel came rolling in Friday as Americans tried their best to wish away the nasty HGH bomb ...
Read full story
MLB and PERFORMANCE ENHANCERS
Major League Baseball has been besieged with allegations of players' performance-enhancing drug use for years, but the game now finds itself having to confront current players being linked to human growth hormone. News:
• Ankiel meets with MLB officials on HGH report
• Report: MLB eyes use of HGH blood test in '08
• Orioles mum on report of Gibbons' link to steroids
• MLB requests meeting with Gibbons
• Report: Orioles' Gibbons received steroids, HGH
• Glaus not talking about on steroids accusations
• Report: Glaus shipped steroids by mail
• Cardinals' Ankiel defends himself on HGH
• Report: Ankiel linked to HGH
• Howard Bryant: Steroids, HGH and the pennant races
• Buster Olney: Blood test request on horizon
• Jayson Stark: Applying double standards
• Buster Olney: 1998 all over again?
• Peter Gammons: Benefit of doubt
• Rob Neyer: No big deal
• Ankiel timeline
• Ankiel linked to HGH
• How does Ankiel story affect MLB?
• Glaus received shipment of steroids
• Should all players take blood tests?
• Peter Gammons: Stuff of legend