Yankees' fall from grace stems from years of draft neglect
George Steinbrenner lorded over the staff meetings he attended, and as the Yankees prepared for the amateur draft in the spring of 2000, Steinbrenner noted aloud that Jorge Posada was moving closer to free agency."We need a catcher," Steinbrenner said. When it came time for the Yankees to make their first round pick, 28th overall, they called out the name of a catcher. He was David Parrish, the son of Lance Parrish and a University of Michigan product, with the kind of pedigree that ...
Read full story
YANKEES: END OF A PLAYOFF ERA
The New York Yankees, who have been synonymous with October baseball, saw their playoff run come to an end after 13 straight seasons of reaching the postseason.
• Buster Olney: Yankees' fall from grace
• Buster Olney: Cashman's critical next move
• Peter Gammons: Red Sox rise as Yankees fall
• Yankees' photo gallery: 1995-2008
• Jason Grey: Many Yankees were fantasy flops
• ESPN Research: Yankees' unlucky No. 13