NL East race being decided by relief pitching
It isn't September of 2007 that hangs over the Mets' psyches anymore. It's their bullpen of 2008.
We've talked a lot this month about the Mets' 2007 nightmare. But the more we watch this 2008 edition, the more we're convinced: This year, their biggest problem is a whole different nightmare.Bad memories, you can stomp out. Bad bullpens eh, not so much. These Mets are living proof. So with every day that goes by, every late-inning lead that slips away, it becomes ...
Read full story
PENNANT PULSE 2008
Every day until the end of the regular season, an ESPN.com writer will write about a hot topic related to the pennant races.
• Sept. 28: Rogers: White Sox turn to Buehrle
• Sept. 27: Nelson: Mets on the brink
• Sept. 26: Crasnick: Wet, wild final weekend
• Sept. 25: Neyer: Twins in position in AL Central
• Sept. 24: Crasnick: Spoilers await contenders
• Sept. 23: Keri: Don't count out Diamondbacks
• Sept. 22: Stark: Good (and bad) relief in NL East
• Sept. 21: Shea: Cubs, Rays make it official
• Sept. 20: Nelson: It's Rays' day
• Sept. 19: Crasnick: Phils' time of year
• Sept. 18: Neyer: Three teams, two spots
• Sept. 17: Keri: Twins slipping up at wrong time
• Sept. 16: Klapisch: Mets repeating '07
• Sept. 15: Crasnick: Rays great at home
• Sept. 14: Stone: Watch Angels' bullpen
• Sept. 13: Nelson: Let's play two!
• Sept. 12: Stark: Brewers going flat
• Sept. 11: Klapisch: Astros hand ball to Oswalt
• Sept. 10: Rogers: Not '69 again for Cubs
• Sept. 9: Neyer: No sure thing from NL closers
• Sept. 8: Keri: Red Sox charging to top