Red Sox fall short in bid to repeat as champions
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Go on, admit it. You didn't think there was any way the Red Sox would lose Game 7, did you? After they rallied from a seven-run deficit with seven outs left to win Game 5, after they won Game 6, after the way they came back in the 2004 and 2007 ALCS, you thought the Sox would win yet again. Even when they trailed by two runs in the final innings Sunday night, you felt confident that they would come back, win the game and reach the World Series again.Don't be ashamed. ...
Read full story
ALCS GAME 7: RAYS 3, RED SOX 1
The Rays defeated the Red Sox 3-1 on Sunday night, winning the ALCS in seven games and advancing to
the World Series.
Story | ALCS page
• Jerry Crasnick: Rays headed to World Series
• Jim Caple: Red Sox surprisingly fall short
• Garza earns MVP honors
• Game 7 blog
• Inside Edge reports: Red Sox | Rays
• Vote: Phils or Rays?
• Game 7 chat
• Fan blogs
• World Series schedule
• Baseball Tonight Clubhouse: World Series glance
• Rays hold off Red Sox
• Analysis from Kruk, Phillips
• Francona on falling short
• Garza: 'Keep believing, keep fighting'
• Maddon on Garza, Price
• World Series Game 1 preview
• Reaction from ESPN Radio