Rays' hopes riding on ice-cold bats of Pena, Longoria
PHILADELPHIA -- Carlos Pena's biggest regular-season funk came in May, when he went 17 at-bats against the Texas Rangers and the Chicago White Sox without a base hit. Evan Longoria endured his major dry spell a month later, with an 0-for-14 bender against the Florida Marlins and Chicago Cubs.Encounter that kind of glitch in the spring or early summer, and you have the luxury of time to set things straight. A little soft toss here, some extra batting practice and a few personal consults ...
Read full story
WORLD SERIES GAME 4: PHILLIES 10, RAYS 2
Ryan Howard hit two of the Phillies' four homers in a 10-2 victory over the Rays. Philadelphia stands one win away from its first World Series title since 1980.
Story | Series page
• Jayson Stark: New era up next in Philly?
• Jim Caple: Howard in a groove
• Jerry Crasnick: Rays' sluggers 0-for-the-Series
• Gene Woj: Yeah, the Rays are done
• Amy K. Nelson: Rays to rely on Kazmir
• Inside Edge reports: Phillies | Rays
• Game 4 blog
• Baseball Tonight Clubhouse: Game 5 preview
• Phillies blow out Rays in Game 4
• BBTN breaks down Phillies' win
• Howard, Rollins talk about the win
• Blanton's bat, arm pace Phillies
• BBTN Minute: A look ahead to Game 5
• Jim Caple on a busy day in Philly
• Interviews with Blanton, Howard, Rollins