Because they're the Yankees
LAS VEGAS -- The Yankees never sleep.That's official now. They wrapped up CC Sabathia in the middle of the night. And here's the scary part for the rest of their sport: They're not done. Far from it. Even as they were wrapping up the loose issues still dangling in the Sabathia negotiations, they were already working on cornering the rest of the big-time starting-pitching market. Derek Lowe. A.J. Burnett. Ben Sheets. Andy Pettitte.
The Yankees are ...
Read full story
CC YOU IN NEW YORK
CC Sabathia finally said yes, reaching a preliminary agreement on a seven-year, $161 million deal with the New York Yankees on Wednesday. Jayson Stark
• Buster Olney: Everybody will expect greatness
• Keith Law: Money spent wisely
• Jayson Stark: Yankees aren't done
• Jerry Crasnick: Impact on other free agents
• Fantasy: Big numbers coming for big man
• Vote: Is Sabathia worth $161 million?
• Page 2: Going inside CC's brain
• Salary crunch: Calculating all those millions
• ESPN.com's winter meetings blog
• John Kruk: Can Sabathia handle the pressure?
• Peter Gammons: Sabathia will be just fine
• Buster Olney: Breaking down the deal
• Buster Olney: What's next in free agency?
• Eric Karabell: Sabathia's fantasy worth
• Jayson Stark: Setting the market
• John Kruk: Yanks need more pitching
• Michael Wilbon: Economy talk
• Michael Kay: CC's out clause
• Baseball Today: Busy day in Vegas
• Max Kellerman: Santana impacted CC deal