MLB Confidential: Replay on base calls?
Question: Should there by replay on base calls?
Replay on base calls
Overall: Yes: 22% No: 77% Maybe: 1%
AL players: Yes: 24% No: 74% Maybe: 2%
NL players: Yes: 20% No: 80%
One AL outfielder made the typical case for reviewing plays on the bases. "You have the technology to get it right," he said. "Even if it takes a few minutes, that's what fans, players and coaches want. Have a guy in the booth watching, and buzz an umpire if they ...
Read full story
After Jim Joyce's blown call at first base cost Detroit Tigers pitcher Armando Galarraga a perfect game, MLB umpires came under harsh scrutiny. To test the current climate of player-umpire relations, ESPN The Magazine grilled 100 MLBers about the boys in blue. Here's what we found:
1. Who are the three best umpires in baseball?
2. Who are the three worst umpires in baseball?
3. Which umpire has the quickest hook?
4. Grade the overall performance of umpires, "A" through "F."
5. Should there be replay on base calls?
6. Should there be replay on fair/foul calls?
7. Should Bud Selig have overturned the result of the Galarraga near-perfect game?