Ranking the moves at the winter meetings (Nos. 1-5)
Twenty-five players changed teams in the significant deals and free-agent signings at this year's winter meetings in Las Vegas. Here's a look at their relative values over the next five seasons (2009-2013), without considering salaries or contract situations:1. CC Sabathia (signed with the Yankees): The big left-hander is at his peak in terms of both durability and performance. Sabathia should be worth an extra six wins or so per year to the Yankees, who hope they won't have to push him as hard in September as Milwaukee did in 2008.
• Where does Ryan Freel going to Baltimore rate? How about Ramon Hernandez to the Reds? What about Endy Chavez to Seattle? Keith Law ranks the 25 moves at the winter meetings.
The Rest of the Keith Law's Top 25
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mets rookie P Wheeler wins 1st career start
- Red Sox put P Buchholz (neck strain) on DL
- Yanks' Tex goes on DL; surgery for Youkilis
- O's homer twice off Verlander to top Tigers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
• Jayson Stark: Unfinished business
• Jerry Crasnick: Team-by-team roundup
• Keith Law: Ranking the meetings moves
• Winter meetings blog
• Jayson Stark: More free agents coming?
• Jayson Stark: AL East just got better
• Jayson Stark: Peavy-to-Cubs deal dead
• Jerry Crasnick: Baseball economy's OK, right?
• Jayson Stark: Mets with strong pair in 'pen
• Jayson Stark: Because they're the Yankees
• Keith Law: Yanks spend smart money on CC
• Keith Law: Mets' bullpen set up for success
• Jerry Crasnick: Yanks guarantee Burnett 5th year
• Jerry Crasnick: Mets get their ninth-inning man
• Keith Law: K-Rod a safe bet for Mets
• Jerry Crasnick: Maddux's heartfelt goodbye
• BBTN: Winter meetings winners and losers
• BBTN: Manny, Teixeira staying in L.A.?
• Peter Gammons: Mets make a big splash
• Peter Gammons: CC will be fine in New York